Rose International INC Medical Records Field Rep in Woodbridge, Virginia
Position Title: Medical Records Field Rep
Position Number: 278837
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Desired Skill Set:
Customer Service, Healthcare, Medical Terminology
*C2C IS NOT ALLOWED*
"Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.”
Title: Administrative Assistant III/Member Service Associate
Duration: 5+ Months
Location: Several Locations- Woodbridge, VA/Mc Lean, VA/Columbia, MD/Rockville, MD/White Marsh, MD/Washington, DC/Reston, VA
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions * (In order of importance, list primary job duties this position is responsible for achieving. Each statement should relate to an end result or objective.) Est. % Time Spent
Health Information Management
• Ensures that all protected health information is processed in accordance with regional, national, state and federal regulations.
• Works closely with internal/external customers to meet their health information management needs as it relates to release of protective health information via paper and electronic media.
• Has a solid knowledge/understanding of HIPPA privacy and security issues as it relates to release of information, and/or other regulations related to protective health information.
• Reviews release requests for appropriateness and validate the authorization by photo identification.
• Serves as inter and intra department resource for the other staff members, answering questions and providing instructions as necessary.
• Monitors printers for incoming documentation and process paper work in a timely manner.
• Collects loose filing/scan documents from clinical area twice daily, ensuring that a medical record number is placed on each document.
• Opens departmental mail and sorts; forwards mail appropriately to document preparation station or other clinical units, as necessary.
• Verifies patient identity and process same day Release of Information Request via client HealthConnect EMR.
• Requests patient charts by accessing the appropriate system.
• Responds to inquiries from patients and staff members and instructs them in the appropriate methods for requesting records. Enters data into disclosure accounting system in accordance with HIPAA standards.
• Completes payment handling tasks as assigned, which may consist of collecting credit card information, handling checks received by mail and posting payments in the ROI module.
• Corrects errors and incomplete information on forms as necessary when requested by a supervisor or physician.
• Completes simple forms as set forth on the MEA Approved Forms list, maintained by the HIMS Department.
• Resolves open items on the forms delinquency report with physicians in the assigned MOB.
• Assists members in a professional manner that promotes a positive customer service experience.
• Provides members with general information, and/or refer them to appropriate department as necessary.
• Responds to member inquiries related to changes or corrections to the things like: name, date of birth, gender, other demographic information, and PCP assignment and center changes.
• Initiates member issue to fix when one member has two different medical records.
• Documents compliments in Macess.
• Orders HIPAA Certifications.
• Validates basic benefit information related to copay, co-insurance, deductibles and other client plans.
• Document member inquiries in CHATS.
• Performs referral status look-up in Healthconnect.
• Orders of new or replacement ID''s.
• Maintains knowledge and training (from client Learn) on all information systems necessary to perform duties.
• Assists patients with navigating client systems including kiosks and way-finding
• Respond to voice mail in a timely fashion 25
• Performs other duties as directed.
• Orients and train new staff
• Wears professional attire to include a client-provided jacket
• Performs the duties of the Receptionist and Administrative Assistants as necessary 0
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum two (2) years of experience with protected health information required.
• Minimunm one (1) year of customer service experience required.
Preferred Work Experience
• Ability to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
• One (1) year of health information management experience.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal, and external customers required.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software, i.e., CHATS, KMATE, MACESS and HealthConnect required.
• Ability to effectively abstract computer or paper-based data required.
• Successful completion of standardized test in medical terminology with a proficiency rate of 84%.
• Bending, lifting and manual dexterity required.
• Employee may be required to lift up to 30lbs.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)