HSBC Executive Assistant/Office Administrator - US Public Policy in Washington, District Of Columbia
Manage day to day administration of the US Public Affairs office by maintaining the budget, auditing and monitoring expenditures, overseeing internal reporting, managing the business continuity plans and performing tasks related to business information risk.This position will also coordinate team meetings, prepare packets and prep materials for Congressional and Regulatory meetings and tasks as assigned in support of Public Affairs. Supports the Executive Vice President and Head of US Public Affairs with travel, scheduling, expense reports and meeting planning. Executive/Leadership coordination and support required when senior executives visit/meet in Washington, DC.
Impact on the Business *
- Complete a variety of administrative and support duties, often of a confidential nature and unique to assigned area, including researching information and data, maintaining department records and filing system and developing and producing reports and presentations.
- Produce letters, reports, memoranda, forms, schedules, etc., utilizing various PC-based software packages or other typing equipment, composing items from general outlines or own initiative.
- Schedule appointments and meetings and arrange travel accommodations.
- Assist in event planning.
Customers / Stakeholders *
- Open and screen mail and respond to correspondence and inquiries on behalf of senior or executive manager; receive and screen telephone calls and visitors, taking appropriate action using initiative and judgement.
Leadership & Teamwork *
- Provides administrative support to management and department members as necessary handling routine project work, program material preparation, and resolving issues with equipment, form completion, and follow up as appropriate.
Operational Effectiveness & Control *
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Strong administrative, analytical, organizational and planning skills required.
- Previous work with senior-level positions/leadership preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including solid proofing skills required.
- Interest/background in public policy writing and/or banking knowledge a plus.
- Ability/Understanding of procurement processes for new and renewal contracts with vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to respond internal staff and others stakeholders in a professional, knowledgeable, and friendly manner.
- Supports reporting requirements for the Public Affairs team.
- Ability to take actions and use sound judgment with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Degree preferred.
Job: *Adminstration & Secretarial
Title: Executive Assistant/Office Administrator - US Public Policy
Location: District Of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 0000AGZ4