Jewish Community Center Fitness Center Staff in Owings Mills, Maryland
The Fitness Center Staff (Staff) are the face of JCC Fitness! They are the front line and hold the great responsibility of being able to make or break a members experience at the J. The safety and experience of all members is the top priority of the Staff. Staff must take the initiative to meet, greet, and assist all members. Staff must be able to communicate and relate well with others. Staff are responsible for customer service, standard operations, monitoring, and cleanliness of the JCC Fitness Center.
Hours of Employment: Weekdays from 5:15 - 9:00 am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
When you are working the floor your full attention should be on the fitness floor at all times. Trainers must:
- Practice a high-level of customer service
- Take a proactive approach to member retention by developing solid relationships and serving each member above and beyond expectations.
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude
- Represent the JCC of Greater Baltimore Fitness Department in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Address members concerns, suggestions, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner
- Utilize the Engagemore software to better engage and assist members
- Provide and schedule new member Welcome Workouts
- Ensure proper use of equipment by supervising and assisting members in the proper exercise technique & execution by demonstrating proper use of equipment with regard to muscle stabilization, body alignment and execution. Give clear &concise; instruction.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
- If equipment is in need of service, follow established procedures to either fix equipment or notify the appropriate responsible parties
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings for department
- Shift duties
- Complete hourly headcounts
- Check your JCC email with regularity for news and updates
- Familiarize yourself with the program guide so that you may educate our members and/or answer their questions about programs and events that take place within our buildings
- Perform other duties as assigned
The work environment in the fitness center is fast pace with every day being different from the next. This job requires high energy and customer service including member engagement, conducting welcome workouts, assisting members with equipment, listening to member queries patiently, and referring to supervisor when necessary. The membership is made up of a diverse population with varying needs. Staff must be able to work effectively with people from all different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perception. The temperature in the fitness center is kept colder to ensure members are comfortable during exercise, and music is played constantly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be on their feet for the entirety of the shift, be able to successfully demonstrate exercises, and keep the fitness center tidy. This requires the employee to be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs to successfully re-rack weights, plates, and other equipment. The employee will also have frequent interactions with cleaning products including but not limited to wipes and disinfectant spray.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
All interested applicants please contact Justin Dominick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CPR/AED Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Current and broad knowledge of equipment and body mechanics
- Strong customer service skills including an outgoing personality; a friendly disposition, self-confidence, and maturity. Should be an approachable role model.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule.
- The ability to maintain a healthy and neat appearance. (Black bottom and staff shirt with name tag and staff badge.)
- Practical experience in the field.
- Current Personal Training Certification (nationally recognized and NCCA accredited) is preferred.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family. Everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won?t believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well
The Jewish Community Center offers Annual and Summer Memberships for families, individuals, couples, students and adults 65+.
Date Posted: 03/13/2018
Title: Fitness Center Staff
JCC: JCC of Greater Baltimore
Location: Owings Mills, MD