Oceaneering Project Manager I in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Project Manager assists in the functional Engineering management and in managing the development and improvement of a project through planning and directing personnel as well as maintaining the quality of the engineering product by formal and informal review.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and support project personnel.
- Tracks and assists in managing project budget and schedule.
- Provides input to the Program Manager for annual performance review and rankings for the personnel on their project; may include obtaining input from personnel they may have also supported.
- Review the technical work of personnel in their group and recommend needed changes to the Program Manager.
- Ensure appropriate design reviews are conducted.
- May review proposals and recommend engineering and design tools for efficiency.
- Act as a conduit of communications into and out of the group.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Technical writing and editing skills.
- Ability to interact with customer representatives.
- Ability to support technical reviews of various documentation deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Project Manager I
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12905
Full/Part Time: Full-Time