Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP Instrumentation & Controls Engineer in Baltimore, Maryland
We have an excellent opportunity for an entry level Instrumentation & Controls (I&C;) Engineer that is motivated and ready to develop their basic skills and knowledge by assisting in the design, programming, installation, testing and commissioning of industrial control systems, networks and process automation. These systems include instrumentation, control panels, motor, valve and pump controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), Operator Interface Terminal (OIT’s), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s), Supervisor Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems, industrial networking, IT infrastructure, radio/cellular communications, data collection, reporting, trending and system alarm notification.
- Report to WRA’s Senior I&C; Engineers and department Manager for work tasks, responsibilities, schedules and design quality assurance and control.
- Work with and assist team members in the Instrumentation and Control department for the design of control facilities, industrial networking and process automation projects.
- Preparing control system design drawings such as P&IDs;, electrical control diagrams, industrial network topology diagrams.
- Writing specifications for control system and process automation hardware and software, including computer hardware, networking devices (switches, routers and cabling), PLC & HMI software, control panels and instrumentation.
- Coordinate with Process Engineers to develop and write control system narratives for process functionality.
- Work onsite in a construction environment to perform inspection, testing, commissioning and startup of industrial instrumentation, control, network and communication systems.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, or a related Engineering program.
- 0-3 years of experience as an Instrumentation, Controls, Electrical, Networking Engineering, or other experiences and/or internships.
- Must have a basic understanding and knowledge of setting up and configuring computer systems and their operating systems, computer networks and their related hardware.
- AutoCad, Revit, Microstation, or a similar computer drafting software experience, and/or a willingness to be trained in these software applications.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with other staff, and communicate professionally with clients, customers and contractors.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Benefits: WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer: Competitive salary, Leave accrual and paid holidays, Healthcare benefits, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Free parking. WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Number of Openings: 1
Attached Document: No documents attached for this position
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Baltimore, MD
Position Title: Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Travel: Light travel may be required
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Years of Experience: 0-3